In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Thursday, 2 January 2014

Psycologists & Therapists Are On Staff To Ensure Quailty Content Entering Your Yome!

Is there shock, outrage, and censorship for display's of verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, murder for all to see in the comfort of their living room?

Don't fool yourself into thinking there's a standard, there isn't. The majority of media has reduced it's roll of service to it's people to become simply an appeal to your wallet.

There is a vague attempt at serving you anything more than just entertainment with a possible moral pinned onto the end, meaningless, like an insincere apology.

These stories are not intended to enrich your life and make you a more competent whole person. Or to engage society in meaningful meditations about the kind of world we can create for each other. They are not meant to connect with your intellect and spirit to renew your mind.

Do you think there's psychologists and therapists on the writing team? (if your still wondering, yes, the title for this blog is satirical) If it where up to me every major movie production would be required to have a team with a minimum of 3 psychologists and 3 therapists. Would that be expensive for movies, um, yes.

But how much are we paying in fees to get counseling for the lies and distortions we've internalized from ingesting false ideas about the consequences for life's actions as depicted in the life stories we've grown up watching

And if you say, "what I watch doesn't change me" why do we protect our children from watching graphic content? Our minds are developing as well, and like our body is built on the foods we eat our mind is built on the thoughts we have.

If I am going through my day and see abuse in any form, verbal, physical, sexual, I hope that I will do anything I can to stop it, so why would I sit passive on the couch and watch it unfold in front of me. See abuse, stop abuse. If you see it, stop it, and I don't think that's limited to real life situations.

I have a bit of anger toward myself here, I was at the gym one evening running away on my treadmill when one of the screens started playing a grossly abusive scene, it was a woman's face with a knife to her throat clearly implying she was being raped. It was a full scene of this woman crying until it stops and she rolls over crying. And it just hit me that this was normal. Yes we regularly sit idle while graphic depictions of violence play out in front of us, every one in that room just let it happen, no outrage whatsoever. If I where back in that situation I would get off the treadmill go to the front counter and insist that the channel be changed. I will not be idle and watch violent displays real or dramatized.

If I ever see it in real life, I will do whatever I can to stop it, if I see it in any other circumstance I will have a consistent response. See abuse, stop abuse.

How do you feel about the morals displayed by characters in a recent show you've watched? Do you think it would be valuable to have the input of trained professionals in psychology and therapy regarding storytelling with a goal of personal formation and growth? Was this a coherent blog article?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis