In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Thursday, 23 May 2013

Bathroom Organization Ideas

To begin cleaing my bathroom fist I had to think about what all I do in there in order to eliminate unnececary items and products, and be sure I had everything I needed on hand for a quick and simple morning takeoff. There's no point cleaning and sorting a bunch of junk I'm not using. When I write out my routine I'm able to breeze through a checklist knowing I won't forget anything important, and where I can take shortcuts if I'm in a rush.  

Morning Bathroom Routine

This is everything I could think of that I'd do on a regular morning numbered in the order I do them. Green are essential things I'd do even in a rush, blue are what I like doing most mornings.
  1. shower
  2. shave
  3. brush teeth
  4. floss and mouthwash
  5. body moisturize
  6. morning face skin care (for me with dry skin that means moisturizing with an sunblocking face cream)
  7. dress
  8. scent management
  9. blow dry hair
  10. style hair
  11. makeup on
  12. accesorize with jewlery

Evening Bathroom Routine 

  1. makeup removing face wash
  2. evening face skin care (once again with dry skin, I apply an overnight moisturizer)

Supplies

here's some ideas I want to try out for organizing my bathroom so I can find everything quickly and not have loads of useless clutter in the way.

keep in the shower:
I'm going to try use a kitchen supplies wall suction holder to keep my toothbrush and toothpaste on the wall of the shower and brush while I condition my hair.
  • shampoo
  • conditioner
  • body wash
  • razor
  • tooth brush
  • tooth paste
basket on the counter:
I'm going to try holstering razors to the wall with two tacks or two nails
  • floss
  • mouthwash
  • one body lotion
  • face skin care supplies
  • deodorant
  • body spray
  • smaller container with boby pins and hair pins
  • shaving gel (for men)
In shoe organizers behind the door:
Here's a neat one, with multiple family members, each could have a couple rows for their products
I'm going to try organizing my styling products by the order their used in. for example if you spray your hair with heat protect, blow dry with a volumizing brush, then straiten, spray with a shine booster, and brush with a boar bristle brush. If I put all the supplies for that routine in order I imagine I'll be able to grab the ones I need, return them, and grab the next one's I need.
  • blow dryer
  • hair brushes
  • styling supplies
  • hair bands
elastics
  • hair clips

  • On the counter or under in easy to grab under the counter containers:

    Maybe a cheap plastic tackle box organizer would work for an under the counter makeup storage option and pencil holders for brushes.

    On the Wall in the bathroom or bedroom by the mirror:
    I've heard of dangling earing off of metal mesh or chicken wire, I want to try make my own using a picture frame from dollarama, mesh, and flat thumb tacks, once I make it I'll be sure to post some pics and how to ;)
    In the past I've put a couple tacks in the wall to showcase necklaces, if you try this and have a couple women and young ladies in the house, make sure borrowing understandings are clear between family members (wether that's no borrowing, bring it back when finished, replace it if broken or lost)

    Bathroom Cleaining Routine

    Here's the order that's been working great for me. I can do a quick clean to get the bathroom sparkling in 5 minutes most mornings. Once again, green is for a quick clean, blue is for an ordinary clean. Here's something new: purple is for an occational cleaning
    1. pile laundry
    2. clear counter top
    3. spray and squirt
    4. wipe mirror
    5. wipe countertop
    6. wash articles on countertop
    7. wipe tub and shower
    8. scrub toillette
    9. wipe down toilette
    10. wipe windowsills
    11. shake out bath matts
    12. throw bath matts in laundry
    13. throw shower curtains in laundry
    14. transport laundry
    15. sweep
    16. empty garbage can
    17. clean out drawers and cupboards

    Cleaning Supplies

    keep in a bucket to pull out easily when washing:
    • multi surface cleaner
    • grunge spray cleaner
    • toilette bowl cleaner
    • rubber gloves
    • scratch free scrubber
    paper towel or microfiber cloths and grungy tea towels, store near the bucket
    laundry basket
    toilette brush
    garbage can

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    ShareThis