In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Sunday, 26 May 2013

Thinking About Spritual Health

When I go through my day and come to a moment that challenges me I think to myself "lean in".
Lean into life, not lean back or coast. Those small moments that you let pass by as insignificant but make up the bulk of life and put your personality out there. Thinks like taking a minute to approach an acquaintance you bump into and catch up or going across the street to talk to your neighbor about something interesting in their garden when your both outside.

Spiritual health is in our connectedness. We are connected to ourselves, to other people like our family, friends, and community, even the rest of the world. We're connected to God and connected to nature. Caring for your spiritual health is respecting our connectedness.

Sister friends

The world is in a balance displaying the depth of our connection, it's light on one side of the clouds and dark on the other, volcanos erupt and cause destruction, floods and famines make life difficult which of these three is more significant? There's a natural order to the world and we keep looking for it, knowing somehow it's not as it should be. With all the injustice and suffering, we're trying to figure out why nature causes us so much pain and wonder there has to be an answer.

We're all connected in a way that can't be measured or given quantity. I hope to be able to align my actions in life with my desire to show respect.

Family, grandparents, and everyone who was a big part of our life at the time

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis