In A Nutshell

As an ambitious 25 year old still figuring out parenting and my roll in the adult life I'm determined to get the most out of myself. Right now my main personal values are Challenge, Curiosity, Self-respect, and Belonging.

Every person has an inner voice telling them what they need, it says "wake up now" in the morning it says "don't eat that" when we're full. Growing up means learning that nobody can be that voice for you. You have to learn to hear it, and find the strength to listen over every other voice calling for your attention and telling you what you should and shouldn't be doing.

Friday, 17 May 2013

Bathroom Super Shape Up

It's spring, which gets me in the mood for cleaning, somehow... so being the order obsessor that I am I'm not only spring cleaning the bathroom, but also making a breakdown of morning and evening bathroom routine and colour coding it for a rushed morning (green), and a regular morning (blue). This way I'll know what supplies I need to keep on hand in the bathroom and what can get put away into storage, I don't think I need four moisturizers and three body sprays piled up in a drawer.

I'm also creating a list of the bathroom cleaning routine for a quick clean (green), a thorough clean (blue), and a repair clean to be done maybe twice a year. Repair clean would be things like touching up the grout, filling holes, spot painting, refinishing floors that sort of stuff. I haven't decided what colour repair tasks are going to be yet maybe purple? Does purple say, "don't worry about me, take care of this task  every couple months." Green gives me the impression of being lively and full of energy, like a rushed clean. Blue is calming and ordinary like the everyday tasks that brighten my home.


Here's most of the supplies for a "purple" clean. I don't have any holes in the paint or touch ups to do so there's no grout, mud, paint, or spatula among the tools

 Once I've finished making my morning and evening bathroom routine, cleaning routine, and the stationary to put up on walls to keep me on track I'll be sure to post it :) pilots have loads of schooling and training, but even they need a check list before taking off. Check lists are awesome they save time and energy from having to motivate yourself for every little task and decide which one to do next. Just follow the list and tick it off.

current floor before cleaning grout
Here's the floor as it is now, the grout isn't awful, but lets see what that grout cleaner can do. I'm really looking forward to putting it to work on my tiled countertops, which could really use a good cleaning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis